[HPADM] Re: Compiling on HP-UX with cc

From: Miller, Keven (kevenm@reeltapetransfer.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 18:46:04 EST

try man cc
I believe cc would default to HP-C or maybe even HP aCC
depending on whats installed.

'cc -c some_code.c' would create some_code.o, just the
object file, where the -c switch means objects only.
'cc -o some_code some_code.c' should create an executable named
   'some_code'.

I think gcc as well as many other packages are available for
hpux in binary and source forms from
(The porting and archive center for HPUX)
  http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/ or http://hpux.connect.org.uk/
or from many of the other mirror sites.

Keven Miller
kevenm@reeltapetransfer.com