[HPADM] SUMMARY: 32-bit vs 64-bit on HP-UX on Itanium ?

From: Marc Thoelen (marc.thoelen@uhasselt.be)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 08:47:12 EST

Dear all,

My confusion about 32- and 64-bit (original question below) came from the fact
that i didn't realize HP-UX also had a 32-bit version in previous years (we come
from the Tru64UNIX Alpha-world). Parameters like "+DD32" or "+DD64" can be used
to discriminate between these verions.
Suggestion is to go and have a look at software.hp.com

In general '32-bit code' should run equally well (as compared to 64-bit code) on
a 64-bit Itanium-machine.

If you're looking for latest versions, you may find the porting and
archive center (hpux.asknet.de - choose your mirror) more
attractive. They are all gcc compiled, though.

Thanks to all who replied...

Marc