[HPADM] Allow users to set their nice level

From: JStrehlau@aspecta.com
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 05:44:00 EST

Hello,

I have to allow some user processes to set their nice level on their own. The nice and renice commands work fine as root, but when I try this as a normal user it doesn't work anymore - even for his own processes. HP-UX complains for example: "renice: <pid>: setpriority: Not owner". I have found this in the man page of renice: "To alter the system nice value of another user's process, a user must have appropriate privileges. Otherwise, users can only affect processes that they own." How can I give the "appropriate privileges" to the user? Why does it not work for their own processes as the man page tells?

Hope for help.

Regards

Jörn Strehlau