[HPADM] USB memory stick drive configuration

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeff_cleverley@agilent.com)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 19:18:05 EST

Greetings,

An odd situation came up where we may have to use one of the USB memory
sticks (jump drive, flash drive, whatever) to transfer data between a
hpux 11.00 C3000 and a linux box running RHEW. I have one of these
drives plugged into my C3000 and it shows up in an ioscan -fn command as:

usbdev 0 10/0/14/2.1.3 usbd CLAIMED DEVICE USB Device

I'm trying to create a device file for this and then had planned on
trying to assign it to the device path. I can't find a pattern that
should go to the minor number. I was going to use the same major as
/dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk. I looked at /dev/hid/* for the other items
(keyboard and mouse) and don't see any connection between their path and
the minor number

Does anyone know how to do this or have information on if you can get
this to work or not?

Thanks,

Jeff