[HPADM] Re: RP5450 HP-UX B.11.00 load increasing after reboot?

From: Randy Millis (lists account) (rmillisl@gdcanada.com)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 23:32:25 EST

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

It looks like the Veritas backup client is causing the problem.

After a reboot Friday night, today about 58 "bpbkar" processes are running.

The load is:

-cut-
  9:08pm up 3 days, 1:23, 1 user, load average: 28.55, 28.59, 28.59
-cut-

Our backup operator keeps getting time outs and the backup failing as well.
Me thinks that might be the problem.:-)

Now how to fix it.... ? :-)