[HPADM] seeking exercises for replaced hardware

From: mfearer@cox.net
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 12:02:21 EDT

 Admins. Hello. I am in a data center that has roughly 200 HP servers. They are A, D, K, L and N class and are running 11.0 or 11.11. They are mission critical and require an uptime of 19x7 with a maintenance window from midnight to 5:00am. We are constantly replacing failed hardware.
 I wish to ask of the list some good verification exercises for testing replaced hardware. Specifically:

hard drives - ioscan? diskinfo?
memory - stm?
cpu - stm? anything in the BCH?
tape devices - tar? ioscan? stm?
mother boards - firmware?
firmware - GSP? BCH?
fiber channel cards - ioscan? fcmutil?

 Again, I am asking if anyone recommends some good testing for replaced hardware mentioned above.

Thanks and regards,
Mark F.