[HPADM] [SUMMARY]: If possible to change without damage on the system those file patches under /var/adm/sw/save_custom?

From: Ruby Domalanta (rdomalan@dairy-farm.com.ph)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 10:56:03 EDT

Thanks to all who replied especially to Jeff Lightner.

Anything under /var/adm/sw is historical. The only time I could see
permissions causing an issue is if you wanted to back out an existing
patch which happens rarely. Also since these are showing up as 666 it
likely means root's umask is set to 111 (or 000) which it shouldn't be.
I don't really see an issue with leaving the read bit on the files (664)
but there isn't really a need for the read bit that I can see so 660
ought to be OK.

Thanks & Regards.
Ruby Ann Domalanta