[HPADM] Re: EMC SAN move (update) [opps]

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 07:22:51 EDT

Did not mean to reply to the list, sorry. - Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations
==================

>>> "Justin Willoughby" <jwilloug@mhc.net> 8/4/2005 7:16:54 AM >>>
In that case you can just do a vgexport with -m to create a map file
and
then vgimport with the -m option once the disks are moved. It won't
matter that the names of the disks are not the same. vgimport will
look
at the header of the disks.

- Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations
==================

>>> Thomas Northup <thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com> 8/3/2005 3:55:22 PM >>>

Sorry... I guess I left out the part where EMC will be doing the SAN
copy and the other necessary step on the SAN. The HP-UX box goes down
and then comes back up on the new SAN with different disk presented to
it but the data is there.

Thomas Northup <thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello super admins,

We have some HP-UX 11i systems on our EMC CX600 SAN and we are going
move them to a new SAN which is an EMC CX700.

Can you tell me what steps I need to do and in what order so when the
WorldWideNames change which will cause the device names (cXtXdX) to
change I will be ready.

I would like to know the manual order and then I can start thinking
about what part (if any) I could script.

I will summarize!

TIA

http://mail.yahoo.com

Thomas Northup

thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP,
browse only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)