[HPADM] Re: EMC SAN move (update)

From: Thomas Northup (thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 15:55:22 EDT

Sorry... I guess I left out the part where EMC will be doing the SAN copy and the other necessary step on the SAN. The HP-UX box goes down and then comes back up on the new SAN with different disk presented to it but the data is there.

Thomas Northup <thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello super admins,

We have some HP-UX 11i systems on our EMC CX600 SAN and we are going to move them to a new SAN which is an EMC CX700.

Can you tell me what steps I need to do and in what order so when the WorldWideNames change which will cause the device names (cXtXdX) to change I will be ready.

I would like to know the manual order and then I can start thinking about what part (if any) I could script.

I will summarize!

TIA

http://mail.yahoo.com

Thomas Northup