[HPADM] Oracle processes size

From: Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg) (ignacio.vidal@telmex.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 14:51:33 EDT

Good afternoon:
Perhaps this is not a pure HPUX administration question, if so please excuse me.

I found the following situation during a migration of an Oracle database from Oracle 8i on HPUX under PA risc processors to Oracle 9i on HPUX under Itanium: Oracle 8i processes's size under PA risc are two or three times smaller than the "same" processes under Itanium (with Oracle 9i).
I couldn't find more references under Metalink than the mention under bug N° 3890965, but I would like to confirm if the difference in the sizes of the processes depends on the difference in major Oracle version (ie, when upgrading from 8i to 9i).

Thanks in advance!

Ignacio