[HPADM] SAM (problem ?)

From: Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg) (ignacio.vidal@telmex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 09:34:59 EDT

Hello:
I've recently installed HPUX 11.23 on an Itanium server.
After a couple of days, one of our dba's tell me he has problems
executing SAM.

When I tryed, got the following error message:

# sam
Starting the terminal version of sam...

To move around in sam:

- use the "Tab" key to move between screen elements
- use the arrow keys to move within screen elements
- use "Ctrl-F" for context-sensitive help anywhere in sam

On screens with a menubar at the top like this:

       |File View Options Actions Help|
       | ---- ---- ------- ------------------------------- ---|

- use "Tab" to move from the list to the menubar
- use the arrow keys to move around
- use "Return" to pull down a menu or select a menu item
- use "Tab" to move from the menubar to the list without selecting a
menu item
- use the spacebar to select an item in the list

On any screen, press "CTRL-K" for more information on how to use the
keyboard.

Press "Return" to continue...
cpp: error 12: Unable to access output file (check for disk error).
sam: Error: The cpp(1) command failed on file. ....
#

This was using a character session, the graphical interface works fine.
What can it be?

Thanks in advance!

Ignacio