[HPADM] SUMMARY vmstat id negative value

From: Keenan, Greg John (Greg)** CTR ** (gjkeenan@lucent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 02:14:04 EDT

Found the answer in O'Reilly System Performance and Tuning:

..."vmstat tries to present an average since boot on the first line. The
first line of vmstat output is utter garbage and must be discarded"

I was only running vmstat for a single count. When run with mutiple counts
the stats after the first line are reported accurately.