[HPADM] SUMMARY: Corrupt filesystem

From: Yoho, Cindy (cyoho@umpublishing.org)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 21:20:05 EDT

Well the short answer is there is no way in this case to remove or rename the directory without running fsck. It appears that some hardware problems on one of the VA7410 controllers caused the problem. HP replaced the controller, we ran fsck and the bad directory disappeared. We have restored it from a backup and all appears to be well. There were some suggestions as to workarounds until we could run fsck, if anyone is interested I will forward
Thanks to

Bill Hassell
Dan Zucker
Steve Illgen