[HPADM] color resources when using Mozilla

From: Ahrendt, Marc (MAHRENDT@oregon.idt.com)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 12:27:50 EDT

i have Mozilla 1.7.3.02 displaying on some old HP Entria Xterminals. the
problem is that, when it starts, it distorts the
colors of other applications running. are there any tricks to limiting its
colormap? i have tried using "-install" option but that brings up different
problems! that helps with the viewing but blacks out the background/desktop

also the situation gets worse when then viewing a PDF file using "acroread"
as a helper application in Mozilla. is there any tricks
to also address color usage by acroread? the PDF is practically unreadable.

fundamentally the problem is that the X server (HP Entria) is using, i
believe, an old 8-bit graphics card while my PC (where everything
runs cleanly when i did my testing) is using a 24-bit card.

just hoping i can avoid having to upgrade the hardware.

thx, marc