[HPADM] SHMMAX modification

From: Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg) (ignacio.vidal@telmex.com)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 12:18:02 EDT

Good afternoon:
Last night we changed the value for SHMMAX in one of our N4000 servers.
This server has 10GB of RAM (we upgraded from 5GB some weeks ago).
The previous value for SHMMAX was 1GB (0x40000000).
We intended to raise SHMMAX to 2GB (0x80000000) because our dba wanted
to enlarge Oracle's shared_pool_size's from 1300MB to 2000MB (due to a
specific requirement for an application).

After the change for SHMMAX (to 2GB), our dba could only change
shared_pool_size's to 1350MB, and today I saw that some users get the
following error executing a telnet to the server:

# telnet localhost (<<<< this is an example, I can use SSH
successfully)
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to mmap() failed - TEXT /usr/lib/libsis.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Not enough space
Abort(coredump)

As I could see in mmap's man page, there seems to be a relationship
between this function and shared memory, but I don't realize how to
solve this issue.

Does anyone have a similar problem?
I'll appreciate very much your help

Best regards