[HPADM] Mirror Disk Drives

From: Buddy Mills (ramill@wm.edu)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 13:58:55 EDT

I am attempting to document a restore procedure for my rp2470. I have a test box similar to this unit. I use Ignite UX to restore with no problems. Since Ignite does not support mirrors I have gone into "sam" and restore the mirrors points (I think).

Question: What is the best method to test to see if all is working? I want to pull the drive to simulate a failure. - 1st, how do I know that the mirror is working and 2nd, is there a log to let me know of the failure and re-sync of the mirror when replaced. Any hints or helpful tidbits would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Buddy Mills
The College of William and Mary
757-221-2099 ramill@wm.edu