[HPADM] SUMMARY: unbundling patches

From: Jim Turner (JTurner@hertz.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 17:07:56 EDT

Thanks to Sridhar Kasula and Bill Hassell for responding. Sridhar's
solution (shown below) worked great.

swmodify -u CPB_33706.\* CPB_33706

Cheers,
Jim

----- Forwarded by Jim Turner/MIS/OKC/Hertz on 04/28/2005 04:00 PM -----

Jim Turner <JTurner@hertz.com>
Sent by: hpux-admin-owner@DutchWorks.nl
03/18/2005 01:30 PM

hpux-admin@DutchWorks.nl
cc

Subject
[HPADM] unbundling patches

I'm having a stupid attack and need a quick bit of help. I've got a patch
bundle in depot format on CD: CPB_33706

After I swcopy the bundle to a local depot, what is the incantation of
swmodify that will remove the bundling and leave the individual patches in
the depot? I've done this once before a few months ago, and i'm smacking
myself dizzy because I didn't write it down.

Thanks!

Jim Turner (jturner@hertz.com)
Supervisor, UNIX Systems Programming
The Hertz Corporation Worldwide Data Center
5601 Northwest Expressway, Area 1035-25
Oklahoma City, OK 73132-5297
Office: 405-280-6587
Cell: 405-204-6050
Fax: 405-290-2547

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier.

---------------
This message (including attachments) may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message or any
information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete this message from your computer. Although we have taken
steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus,
we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient
should ensure they are actually virus free.