[HPADM] SUMMARY: vgchange or vgexport BCVs?

From: Stuart Abramson (stuarta46@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 14:25:48 EDT

hpux-admins:

The genral concensus seems to be that vgexport/vgimport is safer, but that deactivate/activate will work...

  Stuart

Stuart Abramson <stuarta46@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm working at a new location. I'm looking at their BCV scripts.

I have always vgexported (on HP-UX) the BCV Volume Groups from the BCV host before I started synching, and then vgimported them after the split.

The client here only "deactivates" the BCV volume groups (vgchange -a n) before the synch and then "activates" them after the split (vgchange -a y ).

It apparently works! It's been working for some two years...

What do we think of that?