[HPADM] Mediainit verification oddity

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeff_cleverley@agilent.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 01:05:06 EDT

Greetings,

I have a K460 running 11.00 that had a file system corrupt. We replaced
a couple of disks and decided to mediainit all drives going into the new
file system. I noticed that the drives on one bus (c0) showed they
verified the disks while the drives on the other bus (c2) didn't.
Below is the output of the mediainit commands.

> mediainit -v /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0
mediainit: initialization process starting
mediainit: locking SCSI device
mediainit: initializing media
mediainit: verifying media
mediainit: initialization process completed

> mediainit -v /dev/rdsk/c2t1d0
mediainit: initialization process starting
mediainit: locking SCSI device
mediainit: initializing media
mediainit: initialization process completed

As you can see, the second one didn't show the verifying media line.
This was the same for all disks on the c2 interface while all disks on
the c0 did show it. The disks are identical HP labeled Seagate drives.
The interfaces are standard K class core and expansion i/o interfaces.

We're assuming the disks are good and mirroring the file system, but any
explanations or help on this would be nice.

Thanks,

Jeff