[HPADM] Online JFS License

From: Deepak John Cutinha (deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 10:46:27 EDT

Hi Folks,

Me back again...

After a long discussion with HP that we have to
package the Online JFS as a standalone installation
with the HP DVD with customer's own Customer_id
and codeword which is only supported way Online JFS
package should be installed and we have followed the
norms set by HP.

Now I have a question about the installation of
the SW Depot versus the License to use Oonline JFS..

Once Online JFS is installed..

I do the following :

#vxlicense -p

The output is :

vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name: HP_OnlineJFS [50]
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Number of licenses: 1
(non-floating)
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Expiration date: Sun Jun 24
11:00:00 2007 (804.0 days from now)
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Release Level: 22
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Machine Class: All
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Site ID: 0

And I guess this is the default license for
HP_onlineJFS

But I am sure the customer can use it for much longer
for the same..I checked HP Docs and there
is procedure to get those license from HP Support..

And the procedure to redeem License is:

You can redeem your license as follows:
Step 1. Get the model and hostid of the system(s) on
which you will install HP
OnLineJFS.
To obtain the model, from the server system(s) run
model
To obtain the hostid, from the server system(s) run
uname -i

Step 2. Fill out the License File Request Form for
each system and fax it to HP at the
appropriate number for you listed on the License
Entitlement Certificate.
Alternatively, you may send the information to HP via
e-mail or you may phone HP.
Use the e-mail address or phone number listed above or
on the License Entitlement
Certificate.
You will receive your license key(s) by e-mail and fax
within eight business hours.

So once I have them the same could be installed

#vxlicense -c
Please enter your key:

Which I am taking for granted is different
from Customer_id and Codewords stuff..

I also checked man pages and came up with the
following
syntax to install Online JFS with the right
License Keys and the Valid Customer ID and Codeword..

The command I use would be:

swinstall -x customer_id=$CUSTID -x codeword=$CODEWORD
-x ask=true -x autoreboot=true -x
mount_all_filesystems=false -s /SD_CDROM B2491BA
B3929DA

Where

$CUSTID
$CODEWORD
-x ask=true would ask for the License..

Will be keyed in online and so will be
the License key.

Please let me know if I am doing the right way
ie the HP way.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Deepak Cutinha