[HPADM] I/O Time Out: PVDISPLAY Related.

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 18:26:19 EST

Folks:

I got this error message on a number of EMC Disks in a
server with powerpath installed.

EMCP:Pn:Error: Device c146t5d3 has exceeded timeout
and has been resumed

I was told that the timeout parameter needs to be
increased to 60 Seconds to avoid these errors on all
the disks. I see that at present it is set to default
but don't know what the default is. Could someone
please tell me?

Thanks in advance.
-NEIL

hostname:/> pvdisplay /dev/dsk/c146t5d3 | more
--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/dsk/c146t5d3
PV Name /dev/dsk/c152t4d2
Alternate Link