[HPADM] SUMMARY - No lanscan output

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeffc@ftc.agilent.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 11:21:27 EST

Greetings,

The problem with the lanscan is that the system ended up booting from a
disk that was no longer part of vg00. It booted from this disk but
activated vg00 which was on another set of disks. This occured because
the old primary boot path disk was still in the system. It had been
lvreduced/vgreduced from vg00, but the setboot was not run to change the
path. The kernel in memory was not the kernel that was in vg00. The
system was rebooted this morning after the setboot had been corrected
and everything seems much happier now.

A big thanks to Jeff Lightner who's suggestions reminded me of the
things I needed to figure out. I also received replies from:

Jim Turner
Steve Hamilton
Richard Wright
John Lanier

Thanks again to everyone. The original question is posted below.

I have a rp5450 running 11.00 that we've been seeing some nfs related
issues when clients mount it's file systems. When we do a lanscan on
this server, we get no output. It doesn't hang or give error messages,
it just returns the command line prompt. Everything else seems to work
fine. The lanadmin/landiag work, ioscan -fnClan shows all the
interfaces claimed, and we even ran insf -e just to make sure. There
are 2 other boxes with the same config and they run normally.

Does anyone know what lanscan looks at for this information or why it
doesn't display anything?

Jeff