[HPADM] SUMMARY:NAS/NFS file corruption issue

From: Prashant Zanwar (pczanwar@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 15:35:31 EST

this issue has a working solution now. Mainly this is a bug with Linux NFS. When the executable or jar which is open by some process, gets overwritten, it fails at one server as txt is open in memory. But file gets written. So one server has correct while other server not. We r working with Linux on this..

I am mainly thankful to Jeff Lightner, he pointed towards flock, but that is not the case as it is simple ssh copy...

Thanks and regards
Prashant

Anil Rajapure <anil_unix1975@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is the nfs export mounted as rw on both hosts?? That
should never be done.

Check it.

--- Prashant Zanwar
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a NFS mount, from filer NAS, which is equal
> on 2-servers.
>
> I copy a jar file on this mount, on one of the
> server, which reflexes equally on other server..
>
> File size and time stamp and inode shown are same
> here..
>
> Strange thing is cksum is different, and jar tvf
> works on one one server where it is copies
> actually, but is not working on other server, it
> throws error,
>
> Error in JAR file format. zip-style comment?
>
> Other time message was different, it was corrupt...
>
> I have nfs mount options:
>
> nfs

proto=tcp,rw,hard,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3