[HPADM] unix fs export using SAMBA. Windows error: The mounted file system does not support extended attributes.

From: Balaji Nathan (balajinathan2003@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 09:31:07 EST

Hi admins,
I need your help on the following:
I have a L3000 server running on HP-UX 11i. One of it's file system (/testdata) is exported using SAMBA. (ver 2.0.7).
On the Windows side, one workstation map the (unix) exported file system to a drive called G:

A finance application which runs on this workstation, retrieve an original file from drive G: and make corrections, and write it back on G: in a diffrent name. It was running fine before.
Now we started getting the error message:

Msg: No error messages Native OS error 282 The mounted file system does not support extended attributes.

Not sure whether it a Windows problem or anything to do with the unix export using samba. The user id for mapping the drive (on windows side) does able to read, write and execute permission on the G: drive (unix /testdata file system).

Please help.

Thanks

Balaji