[HPADM] 1000Base SX Fiber Ethernet A4926A

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 17:05:37 EST

Hello All,
We have a A4926A 1000Base SX Fiber Ethernet card installed in a rp7400
running 11.0. I can see the card in an ioscan and I can configure the card
with an IP address etc. and I can ping the address from the rp7400. When we
connect the card to a cisco 2050 GigE (5484=) we get no link lights on
either end. I have the 1000Base on the HP set to 1000, full, Auto
Negotiate. I also tried turning off Auto Negotiate but still no link
light. I was told by our network group that the switch is also set to Auto
Negotiate. Is there any other quirks to setting up the A4926A card on the
HP? This is the first time we have attempted to use one of these cards.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.