[HPADM] Last LVM Question (I Hope)

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 09:44:10 EST

I am creating new LV's that will be mirrored. I am trying to figure out
if I should use '-c n' so that it wont try to mirror when the lv is
activate. I had a problem once where some LV's on a different box lost
their mirror copy and I was doing a fail-over. It took quite a while for
the package to fail-over as LVM still re-mirroring before it would let
MC/SG continue. I was thinking if I created the LV's with '-c n' then it
would still re-mirror if it had to but after the LV was
activate/accessible. Does this sound right? Any thoughts on this? Does
anyone else set mirror consistency recovery to no?

This is what I am planning to use to create the 20 some LV's I need:

lvcreate -m 1 -s g -L 6144 -c n -n name -r N vgname

I am using '-r N' because the disks are on a SAN that have their own
bad block relocation.

Thanks,

- Justin