[HPADM] swinstall woes

From: Greg Rudd (G.Rudd@isu.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 03:08:15 EST

Hi all

After applying the december 2004 patch kit to 11iv2 every time I try to run
the swinstall command I get the following error message

Pthread internal error: message: __pthread_startup() failed , file: /ux/core/
libs/threadslibs/src/common/pthreads/pthread.c, line: 8836
Return Pointer is 0xc00b3430
Quit(coredump)

Also interesting when I try to compile the kernel as well as in the /var/adm/
sw/swagent.log file I get this message
 ..
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "forceclose" in file "/usr/conf/lib/
libpci_mux.a[eqnx_bus_pci_mux.o]"

1 errors.
ERROR: The kernel build did not succeed: ld: exit 1
         The arguments that were supplied to the linker are the linker
         are stored in file /stand/failure_ldargs.

Any Ideas as to why this would be occuring. Note I have applied the Aug 2004
patch kit for 11iv2 before doing the September kit. With no errors.
Other apps seem to be going ok execept these ones.

Is it time to get the back up tapes out here??

Thanks in advance

-greg