[HPADM] Question about SAN storage systems

From: Greg Francis (francis@gonzaga.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:24:03 EST

We're in the processing of designing a SAN that will serve as storage for
some new HPUX servers that we're purchasing. We also have Linux (RedHat AS
Rel3) and Windows 2000/2003 servers that will be connecting into the SAN.

We are looking at either a pair of HP EVA3000s or EMC CLARiiONs (300
or 500 model) with a total of about 7-8 TB of storage between the two
storage systems. The pair is to provide redundancy with one storage server
located in each of our data centers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with either than EVA3000s
or EMC's CLARiiON systems that they would be willing to share with me. I'm
not interested in marketing stuff, I got plenty of that. I want real world
experiences. Any comments about either system would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Greg Francis                                Gonzaga University
Sr. System Administrator                    Spokane Washington