[HPADM] Sar hung

From: Johnson, Craig E (craig.johnson@siemens.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 11:39:42 EST

I wanted to collect data for a day about disk activity. So I did this:

# sar -d 300 300 > /var/tmp/sar.out

That should give me disk averages every five minutes for 25 hours. The
problem is, when I came in at 8:00, file file sar.out hadn't been updated
since 6:00 AM. It still hasn't been updated. The process is still running
but not doing anything that I can tell. There is one thing that happens at
6:00 AM, we stop and restart HP CIFS. Could that have hung sar?

Craig Johnson
Siemens