[HPADM] HP 712/80 and 64 MBit sims.

From: Corné Beerse (cbeerse@lycos.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 09:27:23 EST

Hello,

In http://www.openpa.net/systems/712.html, it says a 712/80 cannot coop with
64MBit sims. It so happens I have those around (from a D210,
http://www.openpa.net/systems/ultralight.html) and like to use them in the 712.

Can these sims be usefull to me? By providing just the supported 32 MByte? or
even better, just provide all memory.

Or is it that these (rather large) sims just don't fit in the slim 712 case?

Has anyone experience with this? Is it possible the sims or the system can be
ruined by just using it?

CBee