[HPADM] Password Settings

From: Roger Realsen (roger.realsen@wareforce.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 14:51:03 EDT

HP Gurus

HP9000 D250
HPUX 11.0

We are going through the Sarbanes Oxley extravaganza. I know the basic
standard password settings for HPUX:

1. Must be at least 6 characters and only the first 8 will be read
2. Must contain at least two alpha
3. Must contain at least one non-alpha
4. We have set up password aging to expire every 12 weeks

My CTO has requested that implement a few more settings that I am unsure of
how to make happen on this server.

1. Maximum length = 10 characters
2. Lock the account after three unsuccessful attempts

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roger Realsen
Director of Information Technology
WF Acquisition Sub, Inc (Wareforce)
19 Morgan
Irvine, CA 92618
PH: (949) 452-1411
FX: (949) 452-1413
Email: roger.realsen@wareforce.com

****This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record
of this message.*****