[HPADM] Explicit loading from Shared Libs with the Dynamic Load

From: wilking@atlas.de
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 08:13:36 EDT

Hello,

I've the following problem: I've implemented an own intercepter on HP-UX
10.20, which should catch the system calls "socket", "connect", "accept"
etc. I use shl_load() to load the shared libraries, and compile my
shared lib with the +z flag and link it with the -b flag.
My executable is linked with the -ldld and with the -Wl,+s flag and with
the libs: libintercept (my shared lib), libcma, libc_r and libm.

At the runtime my executable load first the libdld.sl and then the
system libs, i.e. libc.1, libstd.1, and then my lib and my interceptor
can't catch the system calls (Only the shutdown call is catched). Is it
possible to load my own lib before the system libs will be loaded?

On Solaris run the same programm and the interceptor catch all system
calls. The order of loaded shared libs on Solaris is: libdl.sl, then my
interceptor lib and then the system libs.

Thanks,

Sascha