[HPADM] Since we are on the wu-ftpd subject.

From: Scalone, Galen (Galen.Scalone@vacationclub.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 11:27:35 EDT

Hi list,
I have set up wu-ftp on HPUX, and AIX. It works fine as we lock the
whole machine down, and then allow-retrieve for certain directories. I'm
sure some of us have heard of "Sarbanes-Oxley".
Anyway I need to give certain users only "get access" and others only
"put access" Looking at the ftpaccess file I think I need to set up
classes of users. On these machines we have NO anonymous access, only
real users, and the machines are dev/test. Any help out there?
Here is a snippet of the ftpaccess file.

log commands real
log transfers real inbound,outbound
log security real

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

noretrieve /
allow-retrieve absolute /ibmu2/uvdata/SOURCE/*
allow-retrieve absolute /ibmu2/uvdata/DATA/*
allow-retrieve absolute /ibmu2/uvdata/INSTALLER/*
allow-retrieve absolute /tables/*
allow-retrieve absolute /tmp/*