[HPADM] [SUMMARY] - IMAP PORT 993

From: Stephanie Chung (stepchung@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 17:24:15 EDT

Thanks to Bill, Ed, Christian, Rick & Others.

Here is Bill's solution:
ERROR:
------
This is the command that I'm trying to run and the
result:
/=> sslconfigureims
Enter password for your keystore file
Determining current setup...
******* server2******
Integrated server lumtest2 is using SSL on
port 993. Fetching its certificate chain to
validate...
Trying SSL connection with server2:993
Warning:The following error occurred:
        Connection refused
SOLUTION
--------
This isn't an IMAP problem at all.
The server is not running a web server at all, or
SSL has not been installed or configured.

If the error indicates that the connection was reset
by the peer,it could be because there was a delay in
responding to the certificate validation. Trying again
would fix this problem. For changes to take affect,
you must restart your web server."

- Do I have to install SSL on the server?

Absolutely. And configure the web werver to actually
start as well as use 993 as an SSL port. You need
to test this without using the IMAP stuff--just start
a browser and see if a normal connection works.
Then add the SSL 993 to the URL. If you get a
connection, all is well.

- Do I have to request the Network to open port 993
for 'server2'?

Where are the two machines? If they are next to
each other on the same network, then no. If they
are across the Internet, probably. But if you have
done nothing to SERVER2 as far as setting up
Apache (or whatever web server has been nstalled)
then the above message is normal.