[HPADM] rp3410/rp3440 processors

From: Paul van Westerlaak (Paul.van.Westerlaak@rivm.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 09:25:44 EDT

Hi Admins,

Can anyone tell me what the CPU/processor options for the rp3410/rp3440
servers are?
I'm not clear about the following points:

Are all PA-8800 processors dual core?

How many processors can you install in a rp3410? The system is described as
being able to use two PA-8800 processors. Does this mean two dual-core
processors for a total of 4 CPU's, one dual-core processor or two
single-core processors?

What does the option A9770A "HP rp3410 2nd CPU firmware activation" do?
Does it activate the second CPU core on a dual core processor or does it
activate the second (single core) processor?

TIA

Cheers,
Paul