[HPADM] volume group not found while booting

From: SURI, SONIA (SONIA) (strehan@lucent.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 03:35:49 EDT

Hi Admin,

I have HPUX 10.20 loaded on D380 machine.

Due to repeated power failure at site due to some circumstance, we have a
problem in one of the volume group, vgo1 and while booting server it tells
vg01/lvol1, lvol3, lvol4, lvol5 not found.

when we do bdf , we do not find the mounted files systems on these logical
volumes of vg01.

this volume group is distributed on two primary disk and mirrored to other
two disks,

i tried giving lvdisplay -v /dev/vg0*/lvol* |grep stale , it tells
vg01/lvol1 not found.

so before going for hardware replacement, wanted to check is that both the
primary and secondary must have crashed.
can we check or try to synchronize the volume group.

pls give some idea.

regards
Sonia.