[HPADM] SAP and ServiceGuard

From: Stocker, Nick (Nick.Stocker@logicacmg.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 06:03:10 EDT

Hi, me again.

I have a question which I feel might get a few responses but I hope they are
not "RTFM" as the one I have downloaded is 163 pages long!

It looks like I might have the job of setting up SAP on ServiceGuard.

I have already set up my standard ServiceGuard cluster running on two nodes
but for some reason it looks like I might be given the job of setting up SAP
on ServiceGuard too.

In summary:

    ServiceGuard is installed and set-up
    SAP (& Oracle) is installed and set-up by someone else and I know
NOTHING about SAP whatsoever.
    The "MC/Service Guard Extension for SAP" is installed.

But how do I integrate SAP into ServiceGuard?

And that's about it. Is this simpler than a 163-page document would suggest
or is it very complicated?

Should someone with no SAP experience even suggest doing this or is it
reasonable to do so?

I would appreciate any help/advice/suggestions please!

Cheers,
Nick.