[HPADM] RE: Permanently add a certain directory in $PATH

From: lutter, juraj (MSDD EMEA UXPS BTV) (juraj.lutter@hp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 03:09:37 EDT

Hi,

this is job for your login shell.

In bourne-like shells, it's file /etc/profile or ~/.profile, where you
can add:

export PATH="yourpath ${PATH}"

In csh-like shells,

setenv PATH "yourpath:$PATH"

or, specific to tcsh,

set path=(yourpath $path)

does the trick.

enjoy.

--
Juraj LUTTER
2nd Line UNIX Practice Support Engineer	   <http://www.hp.com/>

The contents of this message and any attachments to it
are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received
this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately
and advise the sender.
To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated, you
should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".