[HPADM] Disk Mirroring Performance

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 13:15:46 EDT

I looked on the HPUX-Admin archive and hp itrc but have not found what
I am looking for.

I am going to be mirroring at the OS level an application VG between
two separate fiber channel arrays. What I would like to know is how does
HPUX/LVM know which array/disk to read from? I would assume it does a
write to each array/disk at the same time but when it reads I am guess
it only reads from one of the arrays.

I am just trying to figure out if I am going to see any performance
gains if my application does more reads then writes.

Thanks,

- Justin