[HPADM] drive failure

From: Hutchins, Greg (ghutchins2@selfregional.org)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 12:50:06 EDT

Hi all,

We have an rp7410 with 2 internal 36.4GB drives. These drives host vg00
which is mirrored. One of the drives has failed and we have a
replacement coming. I was told that the system has to go down for about
an hour to change out this drive since it is in the root volume group.
Is this not something that is hot swappable and what is involved with
swapping a drive out? I know with our AIX boxes, we have been able to
swap these out without bringing the system down. Thanks in advance for
any replies.