[HPADM] samba version on hp-ux 11.0

From: Thierry ITTY (thierry.itty@besancon.org)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 16:13:37 EDT

Hello

I've a hp-ux 11.0 box (parisc j6000) running for ages with samba 2.0.7
(taken from the hp-ux porting center). This allows windows nt workstation
to access a directory tree on the box, very basic configuration (one share,
one account, no domain...).

We're moving our workstations to windows xp and the app accessing the share
got very very slow. The manufacturer said it was a known problem between xp
and samba.

I saw there was a fresh samba 3.0.2 package on the hp-ux porting center.
Did anybody here try it with windows xp clients ? does it work fine ?
better ? I'd like some feedback before I get it a chance...

TIA