[HPADM] RE: Combining Volume groups

From: Sohr, James (jsohr@CharterOneBank.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 15:37:43 EDT

Fortunately, you have adequate drive space to do the following:

1) Create a new directory under /opt (call it nsentp_new).

2) Copy all of the data in /opt/nsentp to /opt/nsentp_new.

3) Using the Logical Volume Manager in SAM, remove lvol9 from vg00.

4) **OPTIONAL** While still in SAM, you can now extend lvol4 to pick up
the additional drive space which was used by lvol4.

5) Rename /opt/nsentp_new to /opt/nsentp.

HTH,
  James

James M. Sohr
Charter One Technology Services