[HPADM] IBM Storage Question

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 11:50:40 EDT

Hello All,
This may be a bit off topic but I need some feedback on this. We currently
have 4 HP9000 systems connected to EMC SYM5/DMX1000 via ED-1032 fibre
switch. We also have an EMC and HP9000 systems at our disaster site. Upper
management is looking at IBM ESS and/or FAST-T with a product called SVC
(SAN Volume Control). The IBM Var says this SVC can do everything that EMC
SRDF, TIMEFINDER, OPTIMIZER, etc. can do and it does not care what kind of
storage is connected. Does anyone have any experience with SVC or that
matter FAST-T/ESS good or bad. Any response would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.