[HPADM] DNS resolution problem impace MC/SG

From: admin@cf2tree.com
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 18:00:36 EDT

I have a two-node MC cluster running 10.20. Some time ago, MC somehow broke.
All MC commands hung upon issued. After struggling with this problem for a
while, we found out by changing the lookup order in the /etc/nsswitch to the
hosts file first, then mc commands work. So, looking up DNS first somehow
broke the MC/SG. I looked up HP site and found a patch(PHNE_23277) seeming to
describe my problem. I downloaded it and installed on one of the nodes, but
problem persisted. At about the same time that MC broke, networking folks
upgraded the DNS software(called QIP). I suspected the upgrade might have
broken my MC/SG. Has anyone had this kind of problem?