[HPADM] 32/64 bit architecture-Att-Mr. Hassell

From: Rita Workman (RWORKMAN@wvwcc.org)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 07:59:03 EDT

Greetings,

Just getting back on this list and the first email from Bill Hassell
hits exactly what I was looking for yesterday... Thank you...

Now my question:
  You mention that with patches on 11.11 you can get a 32 bit app to
'see' 2.5Gb of RAM. Can you direct me to what patches these might be so
I could ensure that I have these loaded on an old K box running 11.11.

My situation....running a 32 bit Oracle 8i app. I had already extended
my shmmax and instructed our DBA to check into recompiling to bring
Oracle up to the 1.75 you mentioned. So had gotten it that far. But
was not aware we could take it any higher. The box only has 3.75 Gb mem
in it. (didn't see wasting money on memory I couldn't get to anyway...)

We need to get this app running better until I get these older boxes
replaced.

The real performance problem I think is that our batch processing
(which somebody is always running something)...is now using Java (1.3),
but that's another subject. I'll take this one at a time...

Rgrds,
Rita