[HPADM] headaches with novell iManager 2.01 on 11i

From: V. T. Mueller, Continum (V.T.Mueller@continum.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 13:35:36 EDT

Hello list,

There is a depot from hp that delivers a free version of Novell edirectory
(LDAP) that I intended to install. All went fine until installation comes
to imanager which exits installation without manageable reason (see below).

Has anyone already dealt with this problem and can give some advice? Iīm
really stuck and cannot find any hints online (including the list archives).

The actual behavior is that the imanager install script exits with:
This installation requires Tomcat from the HP-UX Web Server Suite.

Go to the following URL for instructions on installing the HP-UX Web Server
Suite:
http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=H
PUXWSSUITE

Of course tomcat and apache are installed and tested. The URL mentioned does
not hold the correct installation instructions anyway. I found a more detailed
installation instruction at Novellīs site that stated that a correctly
working server certificate is mandatory.

The sad thing is that although it appears to be a crucial point that tomcat
is configured in some special way, there is not a single hint on how to do that
or what is exactly required. At least I could not find it in a work days time.

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
vt

--