[HPADM] sendmail and virtual hosts

From: Peter Unmack (peter@fish.la.asu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 18:15:31 EDT

G'day folks

I am trying to configure sendmail to allow virtual hosts to recieve
emails. I have looked at various instructions on how to do this that are
online but am unable to make sense of it all. I am running hp-ux 11 with
the following version of sendmail 8.9.3.1 (Berkeley) 10/10/2003
(PHNE_29773). It is using whatever the default sendmail.cf file was with
the inital installation.

This machine hosts several domains which have currently only been used as
websites. I'd like to be able to recieve email at two of those domains
(unmack.net and nanfa.org). In the first case it would be for myself,
with mail being queued on this machine, for the second domain it only
needs to be forwarded to the right person, eg editor@nanfa.org would go to
joe@comcast.com for example.

MXrecords for both domains have been set up on the local dns server. I'm
not really clear on modifying the sendmail.cf file. Virtual user table
seems pretty straight forward, I presume I need to reverse-map, I have
added each new domain name to /etc/mail/sendmail.cw. Seems like I need to
modify the sendmail.cf file, but when I try to run gen_cf I get the
following error message,

# ./gen_cf
CFDIR=: Command not found.
Badly placed ()'s.
#

If anyone has some clues as to why the script won't run, and what
modifications or options I should use would be greatly appreciated. I
really don't have much of a clue about anything relating to sendmail.

Thanks
Peter Unmack