[HPADM] Sendmail/Configuration Question

From: JackTebbe@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 09:32:18 EDT

All,

I ran into a situation that is bothering me. Here is the scenario of what
happened.

I have a B2000 running on HPUX 10.20 that is our FTP server. This is running
WU-FTP for the FTP service and when a customer downloads a file, an E-mail
is sent out to various parties. Well, I decided to rename this server and
that seemed to go okay...but the E-mails that are sent out would not work.
All mail from that server would not go through SMTP, they were staying
local to the machine. All of the other workstations I have would E-mail
with no problem. After beating my head against the wall for hours checking
every configuration I could thing of, a friend of mine recommended editing
the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file and putting our SMTP server in various
locations. This worked and there was much joy, but what is bothering me is
none of our other machines and in fact this one before the name change,
had any reference to our SMTP server at all and they all E-mail just fine.
What am I missing? I ran this by the Network admin. and he just throws up
his hands and says "its Unix, i only know Windoze". I think it's something
on his end but can't prove it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

John