[HPADM] cluster passwd problem

From: cenan@runbox.com
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 03:58:55 EDT

Hi there,

We have a hp-ux 11.11 system with MC/SG running on a two-node cluster (oracle and usual stuff). The package has a virtual ip and the users are connected to the pkg regardless of the server where the pkg is currently run. The user only cares about the pkg name – not the server.

Now we have a problem: that a user connected to the pkg (current server where the pkg runs) changes his password. After few days the pkg being switched to the second node and user tries to login and he is being thrown out because of bad passwd. The reason is the server the second one. How we can synchronize the passwords in this situation. What kind of logic we should use and does anyone have any script or guidelines to tackle this issue. Please help how we can we solve this scenario. There is one more issue which is not that important – there are some unix users who keeps different passwds on different nodes. So by synchronizing the passwd file I think it will not work also. But I can convince these guys. If I get a whole solution that would be more better.

Thank you all.
Cena