[HPADM] Maxfiles

From: steven franklin (hpuxsa@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 04:13:08 EDT

Hi Admins,

We have been experiencing a connection problem on one of our applications
running on oracle9iAs. Oracle suggested to increase maxfiles and it was
increased from 1024 to 2048 everything was fine for sometime and then we got
the same problem again. This time maxfiles was changed to 4096 and it
worked for sometime and the problem has occured again and oracle recommends
to make maxfiles unlmited.

I checked using lsof for the number of files being opened by a process and
the maximum i could see was only 109 and that was for an oracle db writer
process. I understand maxfiles parameter is for the maximum number of files
that can be opened by a process. If that's the case, why i am i getting this
problem when the maximum number of files being opened by a process in only
109.

Best regards.